Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I recently installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on my desktop and almost all of the drivers were automatically installed. Two important ones were not: Onboard LAN and my SB Audigy 2 card.
The ASRock website (http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s=939) only has XP drivers, which won't work unless you run it in compatibility mode. This is pretty simple:
Windows 7 Compatability Mode:
1. Right click on executable
2. Select properties
3. Click on the Compatability tab
4. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
5. Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
6. Click OK and run the program
As for the audio, since I don't use the onboard audio I haven't checked to see if it works although I have read about other people having issues. Even though this board has 7.1 channel sound I don't recommend using it because there was a lot of static noise. At least for me.